Christian Science youth entering the 10th–12th grades and are ready to dive into Christian Science are eligible to register for Compass. Registration opens mid-March for the following school year and closes mid-August.
Commitments to Compass
- Ability to attend three Retreats:
- Fall: Aug. 31 – Sept. 4, 2017 – San Diego, CA
- Winter: Jan. 11 – 15, 2018 – Location TBD
- Spring: Apr. 19 – 22, 2018 – Location TBD
- Participating in monthly web hangouts using a phone line and webcam
- Dedicating approximately 2-4 hours a month to Compass activities
- Attending Christian Science Sunday School at least 50% of the time
- Being supportive and encouraging to the other teens in the program
- Paying $1,500 registration fee, plus the cost of travel to retreats (need-based financial aid is available)
How to Register
- Confirm eligibility – you must be entering either the 10th, 11th or 12th grades of the registration year
- Complete online registration form by the August deadline.
- Questions you will be asked during the registration process (we recommend typing your responses ahead of time, then copying/pasting them into the registration form):
- Why are you interested in being a part of Compass? (1-3 paragraphs)
- Who do you admire in life? Why? What qualities stand out to you that they express?
- What qualities would you bring to the program?
- This program will provide opportunities for growth in Christian Science. Are there any questions or ideas you would like to explore during the program?
$1,500: includes three retreats and full program experience – everything but travel expenses. $300 deposit required upon registering. Financial aid is available.
Thank you for your interest in Compass!
– Compass Teen Participant
Questions? Email or call 888.416.7348 x137