DB 20s/30s New Hampshire Camping Trip
Come Join us for a weekend of camping up in New Hampshire!
Hiking, swimming, fun, friends, and of course S’mores by the campfire!
Cost is $11 per person per night for the campsite. Please pay BJ Thompson to confirm your registration. You can come for either Friday night ($11), Saturday night ($11) or both($22).
BJ’s Venmo is @William-BJ-Thompson
You are on your own for tent, bedding, camping gear, and transportation, but please do be in touch if you have extra of any of these or if are looking for any of these and we will do our best to connect people.
***Don’t let any lack of gear stop you from coming. Be in touch with us.
Food we will be doing as a group, sharing in responsibilities and cost. Please let us know if there is any cooking gear you can contribute to the trip.
*As this is a DiscoveryBound Event, there will be no guys and girls sleeping in the same tents, however married couples are the exception.
Organizers: BJ Thompson and Jake Elmore
PH: 469 360-4336
DB 20s/30s Arches Getaway – Arches & Canyonlands National Parks, Moab, UT
Be part of a 23 person group of 20s/30s staying at Moab’s newest luxury townhouses with pool, hot tub and free Wifi. It’s a perfect launching pad to choose your own day-trip adventures to Arches and Canyonlands National Parks, all while enjoying an inspiring and healing Christian Science atmosphere.
Date: 5pm October 3 – 10am October 7
For: Christian Science adults and their friends in their 20s/30s
- Day hikes & night hikes
- Hot tub & Pool
- Mountain Biking (BYO bike or rent in town for ~$60/day)
Activity Level: Easy to difficult depending on personal choice of daily activities.
Early registration $250 – ends Wednesday August 14, 2019
Regular registration $280 – deadline is Wednesday September 18, 2019
Included: Accommodation, linen, towels, snacks & meals from dinner Thursday October 3 to lunch October 7.
Not included: Flights, bike rentals, optional additional park permits/passes.
Financial Aid is available on a need basis of up to $125 toward registration fee and 50% up to $200 for flights to SLC. The deadline for applying for Financial Aid has been extended to Wednesday September 18, 2019.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds, less a $125 cancellation fee, will be given to participants canceling by Wednesday September 11, 2019. No refunds will be issued after this date and you will be responsible for the full registration fee.
Entrada at Moab 631 & 635
650 W 400 N, Moab, UT 84532
We recommend that you carpool to Moab, UT, if you are coming from neighboring states.
To encourage carpooling of at least two people per vehicle, $50 fuel aid per vehicle is offered and distributed at the event.
For those who live too far away to drive, the closest major airport is Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). DB is providing two vans from SLC to Moab and back. To be eligible for a van ride, you’ll also need to land before 12:00pm noon on Thursday October 3rd and depart after 4:00pm on Monday October 7th. Luggage space is extremely limited, so please bring carry-on only.
- The cost of park passes for the two vans will be covered by DB. If there are additional travel groups beyond these, park passes will be at those participants’ expense. Seven day passes are available at the Park Entrance Stations for $30 per Park or an annual Southeast Utah Parks Pass for $55 per vehicle. If you already have an Annual National Park please bring it to allow maximum flexibility for travel groups.
- Arches National Park Fiery Furnace hiking permit costs $6 per adult (not included).
- Mountain bike rentals are available in Moab for ~$60 per day (not included).
What to Bring:
- Annual National Park Pass (if you have one)
- Head lamp
- Water bottles (2 quarts)
- Hiking shoes
- Hat & sunglasses
- Swim suit
- Mountain bike (optional)
- Car full of friends (recommended)
Sten Palmer, DB Young Adult Manager
Phone: 888.416.7348 x 139
DB 20s/30s ICELAND ADVENTURE – SAVE THE DATE!
September 20-26, 2020
Join us for an epic adventure across the Southern region of Iceland.
The tentative activity list includes:
- Relaxing in the geothermal waters of the Blue Lagoon
- Snorkeling between two tectonic plates
- Seeing the Northern Lights
- Finding some quiet on the black sands of Diamond Beach
- Getting close to incredible hexagonal basalt columns and waterfalls
- Riding Icelandic ponies (optional)
Max group size will be 18, including Sten and a CS Practitioner.
Fly in and out of Reykjavík–Keflavík Airport.
Email Sten to register your interest: [email protected]