db 20s/30s spring retreat at crystal lake camps
About this Event
As most camps go, CLC is not located right next to an airport 🙂 We would love for you to fly into and out of Harrisburg (MDT), as we’ll hire an airport shuttle to camp. Because it’s a smaller airport, it will seem a bit more expensive, but there is transportation assistance!
- Arrival time: around/before 5pm. If you fly in earlier, we will pick everyone up at 5:30pm and drive the 2hrs to CLC. Everyone will need to wear masks and be distanced in the van.
- Departure time: book your ticket for anytime after 3pm. After our church service, we’ll bring everyone to the airport. Everyone will need to wear masks and be distanced in the van.
IF you are driving, you can arrive anytime after 1pm on Friday, and depart anytime on Sunday. Driving in is the recommended option at this time.
What to bring:
- No fewer than 3 double-layered masks
- Beach/swim towel
- Clothes for running around/clothes you may not care so much about
- Sturdy shoes for running around and hiking
- Sneakers for the High Ropes Course
- Comfy slides/flipflops/sandels for relaxing
- Wool socks and athletic socks
- LAYERS! It’s really chilly in the mornings and evenings, and warms up during the day.
- Puffy jacket, hat, pants
- T-shirts, athletic shorts/crops
- Long pants (or leggings) for the High Ropes Course
- Hair ties for long hair
- Comfy pjs
- CS books, Lesson printout, etc.
Please input your dietary preferences in the Registration Form (see button above).
Most accommodations at CLC are dorm-style cabins, though we have a few “private” rooms. All bathrooms are shared spaces. Lodging will be by sex, unless married (married couples share a private space). All bedding and towels are provided.
$60/person — covers food, lodging, and activities! This does NOT cover the cost of transportation.
Registration & Payment
Please click on the buttons “Register Here” and “Pay Here” above to complete the registration and payment to attend the event!
There’s a $30 cancellation fee and no refunds within one week of the event
DiscoveryBound generously offers financial aid for travel costs for these events. Financial support is determined on an individual need, and grants are awarded up to $150, not to exceed 50% of your total travel costs. Click here to complete the DB financial aid form. DB will notify you with the amount awarded within one month of your submitted request.
Contact information for Event Organizer:
Becca DeNicholas, Camp Director
email: [email protected]
text: 272-209-2524 (Becca’s cell) — call: 570-584-5608 (CLC Office)
Eventbrite link to share with friends:
DB 20s/30s weekends have a non-judgmental Christian Science atmosphere that is inclusive of everyone and is free from drinking, smoking, vaping, using illicit drugs or marijuana. Participants agree to support this healing atmosphere.
This event will be run according to state and local guidelines. During this program, it will be mandatory that all participants wear a double-layer mask throughout the weekend (other than while swimming and eating). We ask that you have no fewer than 3 masks, so you wear one per day. We will also ask participants to maintain a 6ft distance from others at all times.
All participants will need to sign both DiscoveryBound’s and Crystal Lake Camps’ waiver and release paperwork for their ability to partake in this event.
Friday, May 21
5:00pm – arrivals
7:30pm – dinner in Alford Hall
8:00pm – Intro to the weekend
8:30pm -S’mores and a metaphysical discussion
Saturday, May 22
6:00am – optional hike/run
7:00am – optional Lesson reading in the Lodge Livingroom
8:15am – breakfast in Alford Hall
9:30am – Morning Activities
- arts & crafts
12:15pm – lunch in Alford Hall
2:00pm – Afternoon Activities
- High Ropes Course
- board games
6:15pm – dinner in Alford Hall
8:30pm – Gratitude and Highlights Sharing
Sunday, May 23
7:00am – optional run/hike
8:45am – breakfast in Alford Hall
10:00am – Church!
12:15pm – snacks and departures