October 26, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Join us for a fun, creative and inspiring hour of watercolor painting with Kelly Foxton.
Date: Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Time: (7:00pm EST, 6:00pm CST, 5:00pm MST, 4:00pm PST)
Duration: 1 hour
Target group: All ages (Space is limited)
During each class Kelly will guide you through the step-by-step process of creating two simple, beautiful watercolor paintings. Each class will open with a fun, relaxing abstract “watercolor warm up” followed by step-by-step instructions on how to create a second painting with more depth and detail. We will be working with a different theme each class.
Themes will include:
- trees, flowers & other plants;
- mammals, birds & insects;
- barns, houses & other structures;
- landscapes & sea-scapes…and more
No previous experience is necessary.
– two 8″x10″ sheets of watercolor paper (for best results use140 lb. cold pressed watercolor paper)
– one soft bristled, medium sized watercolor paint brush
– watercolor paint (if using liquid watercolors from a tube, you will need a plastic lid or pie plate to mix colors on)
– masking tape
– flat, hard surface or drawing board
– table salt
– cup of water
– paper towels
RSVP Required: Lori Selby at [email protected] to get the Zoom Link closer to the time.
Kelly Foxton is a self taught Canadian artist. She was raised in rural Ontario surrounded by farms and forests. It was there that she developed a deep sense of respect and admiration for the beauty and innate spirituality of the natural world.
Kelly works in a wide variety of artistic styles and mediums ranging from highly detailed, realistic pencil drawings, to loosely executed landscape impressionism and color studies in watercolor and pastel.
She is best known for her work as a wildlife artist and author/illustrator of the children’s book titled “Mother Nature Knows…”
Kelly currently lives with her husband and the youngest of her three children near Bear River, Nova Scotia, Canada.