The National Leadership Council is no longer just a 4 year program. Thanks to the new NLC Alumni Initiative, the friendships, opportunities and resources that are such valued assets of the program are now available to NLC graduates to use at their own volition.
The Alumni Initiative offers:
- Avenues to keep in contact with current and past NLC students
- Additional leadership opportunities within and beyond the Christian Science community
- Career networking
- A social media community for sharing inspiration and opportunity for good
- Real world leadership training
- Support for current NLC teens through Alumni mentoring
- Service based trips to be enjoyed with the NLC Alumni family
- Financial and metaphysical support for individual Alumni exploration of service and travel
- Most importantly, the Initiative’s goal is to continue to love and nurture you are growing leaders and to provide you with the tight knit support system that you became so familiar with during your high school years
Small scale NLC Alumni events are taking place including gatherings at Principia College, various Alumni getting re-involved with DiscoveryBound as Chaperones and a large group of Alumni returning to the A/U Ranches for the annual All Class Retreat. In the near future, new developments will be launched such as:
- A career networking partnership with the Albert Baker Fund
- Career connections through LinkedIn
- New opportunity of real world leadership training through global organizations
- Involve Alumni with current NLC students through mentoring
This is truly an exciting time for all “NLCers” – past and present!
Find out how you can be active NLC Alumni
Give a Gift to Support the NLC Alumni Initiative
Make a donation in support of the NLC Alumni Initiative. After submitting your donation, you will receive an email confirmation. You will need to retain this email as your tax receipt.
If you prefer to send a check, mail it to:
Attn: NLC Alumni Service Fund
5201 S Quebec St
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
We are grateful for your support!
– Emily Mattson, NLC Alumni Liaison