DiscoveryBound needs you!
DiscoveryBound is a volunteer driven program and grassroots support of individuals like you is vital to our success. There are many ways to be involved with DiscoveryBound – sharing your time, talent, energy and love. Following are just a few:
Statement of Community Standards
“The divine demand, ‘Be ye therefore perfect,’ is scientific, and the human footsteps leading to perfection are indispensable. Individuals are consistent who, watching and praying, can ‘run, and not be weary; . . . walk, and not faint,’ who gain good rapidly and hold their position, or attain slowly and yield not to discouragement. God requires perfection, but not until the battle between Spirit and flesh is fought and the victory won.” – Science & Health 253:32-8
As an organization that serves a broader Christian Science community, Adventure Unlimited (inclusive of DiscoveryBound) expects its staff and volunteers to strive to live the highest moral and ethical standards. Adventure Unlimited believes the following standards support an environment focused on spiritual growth and healing. I am willing to maintain these community standards on all of the following points.
- As a staff member or volunteer for Adventure Unlimited, I understand I am a role model for others and will be working closely with children and adults to support their and my own growth
in Christian Science through various activities and events.
- I am an active student of Christian Science. I strive to live in accordance with its teachings and to demonstrate its principles daily, including utilizing it for health care.
- I will maintain elevated thought and speech in my own conversation and with those around me.
- I do not engage in, nor advocate, the use or possession of tobacco, marijuana, alcohol, illegal drugs of any kind or sexual activity outside of marriage.
- I will express divine Love and be inclusive of all participants, volunteers and staff.
- I am committed to contributing to an environment focused on supporting each individual’s understanding of his or her relationship to God and to holding myself, my peers and supervisors accountable to these standards, by utilizing the spirit of the Golden Rule (Matt. 7:12) and the Matthew Code (Matt. 18:15-17). (Science & Health 497:26)
- I am a member in good standing of either The Mother Church (The First Church of Christ, Scientist) and/or one of its branch churches, or am in the process of joining one or both. (For full-time staff, NLC Leaders and Compass guides.)
– NLC Mentor
Questions? Email or call 888.416.7348 x138