Make DiscoveryBound a part of your Community
DiscoveryBound Outreach Chapters are located across the country. Don’t see an active Chapter in your area? Starting or revitalizing one is easy – because we’re here to help!
Why Be a Chapter?
Becoming a Chapter provides fellowship opportunities with those who live/act/think from a common foundation of beliefs. An atmosphere that’s free from judgment and accepts everyone; where those present are in the practice of seeing each other as God sees them and where there’s freedom to be your authentic self. What are the benefits of becoming a Chapter?
- Financial Support: Your new chapter will receive $200 to get started! And it can earn $50 after each event just for submitting an event report.
- Non-profit Status: This allows the group to host fundraisers, receive contributions and open a non-profit checking account.
- Marketing: Promotion of activities on DB’s website event calendar and social media platforms.
- Branding: Being able to use the DiscoveryBound name and aligning with a larger program that carries individuals from childhood through adulthood lends recognition and credibility.
- Chapter Start-up: Gain access to a list of local area contacts from our database.
- Insurance Coverage: Your events are covered by our policy.
- Assistance from a DB Regional Manager: They have experience planning activities and are here for you. If you have questions or need support the Regional Managers can help!
- Organization’s Standards: Help participants feel free to love and be their genuine selves in an uplifting and safe atmosphere.
- Networking: Connect with Christian Scientists involved with DiscoveryBound and CS camps, from youth to young adults to family and more.
How to get started
DiscoveryBound Outreach has two Regional Managers available to assist you. Contact the Regional Manager that represents your geographic region. Together we can achieve our mission of “Opening Windows to God” for Christian Science youth, adults and families. We can help walk you through the following steps:
- Begin with defining the need in your community – focus on families, teens, 20s/30s, adults or all ages
- Volunteers – build a support group based on fellowship
- Calendar of Events – build a simple, consistent calendar based on successful event ideas
- Want more detailed information? Read tips for Starting and Revitalizing Chapters
Keep inspiration at the heart of your ambitions, and everyone will value what makes DiscoveryBound activities unique – experiencing Christian Science in Action. We look forward to partnering with you!
– Outreach Chapter Volunteer
Questions? Email or call 888.416.7348 x138