Christian Science youth entering the 10th–12th grades, and who are ready to dive into Christian Science, are eligible to register for Compass. Registration opens the beginning of April for the following school year and closes once the group reaches capacity.
Commitments to Compass
- Ability to attend three Retreats:
- FALL: Fri. 9/3/21 – Mon. 9/6/21 at CedarS Camps, Lebanon, MO
- WINTER: Tue. 12/28/21 – Sat. 1/1/22 at the A/U Ranches, Buena Vista, CO
- SPRING: Thu. 4/28/22 – Sun. 5/1/22 in Boston, MA
- Participating in monthly web hangouts using Zoom
- Dedicating approximately 2–4 hours a month to Compass activities
- Attending Christian Science Sunday School at least 50% of the time
- Being supportive and encouraging to the other teens in the program
- Paying $1,600 registration fee, plus the cost of travel to retreats (generous financial aid is available)
How to Register
- Confirm eligibility – you must be entering either the 10th, 11th or 12th grades of the registration year
- Complete online registration by the August deadline
- Questions you will be asked during the registration process (we recommend typing your responses ahead of time, then copying/pasting them into the registration form):
- Why are you interested in being a part of Compass? (1-3 paragraphs)
- Who do you admire in life? Why? What qualities stand out to you that they express?
- What qualities would you bring to the program?
- This program will provide opportunities for growth in Christian Science. Are there any questions or ideas you would like to explore during the program?
$1,600: includes three retreats and full program experience – everything but travel expenses. $150 deposit due upon registering. Generous financial aid is available towards the registration fee and travel costs.
– Compass Teen Participant
Questions? Email or call 888.416.7348 x137