DiscoveryBound’s National Leadership Council (NLC) program is a four-year servant leadership program for Christian Science teens dedicated to fostering spiritual growth and developing servant leadership skills – all within a family of supportive peers. Gain the desire, confidence and skill for successful leadership and a more practiced understanding of Christian Science!
- Leadership skills
- Spiritual growth
- Service to community
- Exciting adventures
- Adult Mentors
- Forever friendships
- Receive support from local Christian Science Mentor
- Attend annual All Class Retreat (Winter)
- Study the principles of servant leadership through Biblical models
- Take part in two-week summer experiences including
- Orientation summer at camp
- Adventure Trip
- Service Trip
- Intern within the Christian Science community
- Participate in the Congressional Award
- Write for the Christian Science Publishing Society
- Complete a Capstone Project
- Read from Christian Science periodicals and explore praying for the world
Should you apply?
Applications are accepted from Christian Science youth in the fall of their 8th grade year. The process includes questions for the applicant, references, an interview with NLC Staff and a follow up assignment. New classes will be announced the first week of December. See the Information Flyer for more details.
– Matt. 5:14,16