DiscoveryBound National Leadership Council is a four year program for high school teens designed to foster spiritual growth and develop servant leadership skills. Teens engage with their peers in a Bible-based curriculum, learn the value of serving others and experience Christian Science in action. Gain a solid servant leadership approach to life and a more practiced understanding of Christian Science!
- Leadership skills
- Spiritual growth
- Service to community
- Exciting adventures
- Adult Mentors
- Forever friendships
- Receive support from a local Christian Science mentor
- Attend annual All Class Retreat (Winter)
- Study the principles of servant leadership through Biblical models
- Take an active role in church:
- Attend Sunday school
- Read the Bible Lesson
- Explore the Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures
- Write for the Christian Science Publishing Society
- And most importantly, ask questions!
- Take part in two-week summer experiences including:
- Orientation summer at camp
- Adventure Trip
- Service Trip
- Intern within the Christian Science community
- Participate in the Congressional Award
- Read from Christian Science periodicals and explore praying for the world
Should you apply?
Applications are accepted from youth who regularly attend Christian Science Sunday School in the fall of their 8th grade year. The process includes questions for the applicant, references, an interview with NLC Staff and a follow up assignment. New classes will be announced the first week of December. See the Information Flyer for more details.
– Matt. 5:14,16
Unable to make a four-year commitment to NLC? Then consider DiscoveryBound’s Compass program. If you’re interested in year-round teen, adult and family events, DiscoveryBound Outreach is for you!
Questions? See FAQs. You can also email or call 888.416.7348 x134