Christian Science youth currently are eligible to apply for the National Leadership Council (NLC) in the Fall of their 8th grade year. Each year 2 classes of up to 20 students are accepted by narrowing the number of teens that move on through each stage of the selection process.
Applicants are asked to prayerfully consider the commitment to this multi-year program before applying. If you choose to apply, please take care in filling out your application. No one should hesitate to apply for this program based on financial concerns. Assistance is available. Don’t hesitate to contact the National Leadership Council office with any questions by email or 888.415.7348 x134.
Applications Close October 11
How to Apply
- Confirm eligibility – you must be entering 8th grade fall of the application year
- Complete the online application
- Note: Download the Application Instructions & Sample Questions document for additional program expectations and a preview of the essay questions
- All applicants must provide two personal references. Share the Online Reference Form with the two references for their completion. References should include:
- Applicant’s Sunday School teacher to verify regular attendance
- A teacher, coach or close family friend who has known the applicant at least 2 years
- The National Leadership Council Staff will review all online applications and references, then select applicants to continue the application process.
- Staff will contact students to schedule webinar interviews.
- The final step of the application process includes a brief online assignment.
- New classes will be announced November 14, followed by a welcome call to families.
- Classes will come together for the first time at the All Class Retreat over a long weekend.
The cost to the family of the program over four years for each participant is approx. $10,500 (includes the All Class Retreat and Summer Experiences, plus estimated travel. Note – financial aid in the form of scholarships is available for those in need.
Thank you for your interest in the National Leadership Council!
The National Leadership Council (NLC) is made possible through the gracious underwriting of The Albert Baker Fund, Asher Student Foundation and Daycroft Foundation. Albert Baker, Asher and Daycroft are valued partners in educating and encouraging our Christian Science youth as servant leaders.
– NLC Teen Participant