Gifts to the Annual Fund are a vital source of income that enables us to provide life-changing programs to Christian Scientists and their friends.
Your Gift Made a Difference
Thanks to the many cherished friends who gave to the Annual Fund in 2015, thousands of Christian Science youth, their family and friends have felt the touch of the Christ.
Giving to the Annual Fund
Christian Scientists who participate in DiscoveryBound’s programs are consistently putting into practice the effectiveness of applying God’s laws to their lives, with healing results. While fees cover a portion of the program expenses, more than half of the funds needed for DiscoveryBound’s annual operating expenses come from gifts to the Annual Fund:
2016 operating budget: $4.4 million*
Annual Fund donations needed in 2016: $2.4 million*
You can help us continue to provide opportunities for spiritual growth by giving to the Annual Fund today.
Choose Your Fund
Within the Annual Fund are opportunities to direct your gift to a specific program. The General Operating Fund is an unrestricted fund that allows DiscoveryBound the most flexibility in its use. This fund supports the entire organization, including any immediate needs that might arise.
If your heart has been touched by a specific program, there are ways to support that fund:
- DiscoveryBound Outreach & Compass Operating Fund: Outreach connects Christian Science families across the nation by providing year-round activities for Christian Science teens and their families and friends of all faiths. Compass is a one-year program open to Christian Science students in 10th-12th grade that helps keep teens focused on a spiritual path.
- DiscoveryBound Outreach Scholarship Fund: Thousands of Christian Scientists and their friends participate annually in DB events. This fund ensures that youth who need financial assistance can attend national and regional events.
- DiscoveryBound National Leadership Council Operating Fund: Donations to this fund support DB’s four-year teen leadership program to foster qualities of servant leadership among Christian Science youth. The Annual Fund covers approximately one-third of the NLC’s expenses, providing an opportunity for giving in this important program.
- DiscoveryBound National Leadership Council Scholarship Fund: The four-year program takes participants all over the country and world for various service and leadership opportunities. This fund ensures that teens who need financial assistance can participate in the many activities that are part of the NLC program.
- Ted Cox NLC Trip Fund: Established in tribute to the spouse of Anabeth Cox, a former Adventure Unlimited trustee and current member of the Bridges to the Future Campaign Committee, the purpose of this fund is to provide high-quality, impactful adventure and service trips for teens in DiscoveryBound’s National Leadership Council and to help reduce the cost of these trips for each family.
Annual Fund vs. Bridges to the Future Campaign
Many donors want to know if a gift to the Bridges to the Future Campaign also supports the Annual Fund. We encourage you to consider these as separate gifts since Campaign donations cannot be used for annual operating expenses – and Annual Fund gifts are what keep us running.
*Operating budget and required Annual Fund donations represent Adventure Unlimited figures (inclusive of DiscoveryBound programming)
Adventure Unlimited – DiscoveryBound is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
A/U-DB Foundation is the fundraising arm of Adventure Unlimited.